When you get ready to make an offer on a newly built home, you want to make sure you are covering all your bases when it comes to doing your due diligence. Today, we are going to give you a list of the 9 things you should ask your builder before you enter a contract.
1. Do you offer gutters?
Unfortunately, this is one area where builders are cutting costs.
2. What are the grass and sprinkler systems like?
3. How many plugs are there and where do they go?
You want to make sure that your outlets are in the rooms and areas of your home that you want them to be in before you install them.
4. Are bedroom lights included?
5. Is there a humidifier included on the furnace?
6. Is there a gas line for your dryer?
7. Are appliances, like a refrigerator, included?
8. Who pays the transfer tax?
In Las Vegas, this can often run thousands of dollars. Some builders will try to pass this on to the seller, but it's really a seller-mandated thing.
9. What does the HOA charge for a new person?
Sometimes, a HOA join fee can be as much as $1,100 if you are moving into a new area.
If you are buying homes go to www.lasvegasfindahome.com oe call Nevada Realty Connection 7023187228 and look for Bill Jenkins.